1. Who we are
Investment Day is a startup investment simulation platform that connects startups with potential investors, partners, and customers. It also helps investors connect with Top 60 Vietnamese startups and Top 50 International startups which are selected by experts from 2,000 startups in Vietnam and around the world through the Startup Wheel Competition 2021.
2. How this Policy applies
This Policy describes the information we collect from you, how we use that information and our legal basis for doing so. It also covers whether and how that information may be shared and your rights and choices regarding the information you provide to us.
3. What We Collect and Receive
In order for you to create an account on Investment Day and use our Services, we need to collect and process certain information. Depending on your use of the Services, that may include:
- Information you provide by completing forms on Investment Day — your name, email and telephone number, country of residence, login, and password details. We may ask for this information if you register as a user of the Services, subscribe to our newsletters, upload or submit content through Investment Day, or if you contact us;
- Information you provide for launching a startup, including founder name and startup name. In some cases, we will request you provide a secure upload of an identity document for identity verification purposes (such as your passport, drivers license, or other government-issued ID) to Investment Day;
- Communications you send to us (for example, when you ask for support, send us questions or comments, or report a problem);
- The email address associated with your Google account, if you choose to sign up using your Google credentials.
You may decline to provide us your information. However, this will limit your ability to register for an account or use our Services.
4. How We Use This Information
We use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- To keep your account secure and protect our Services (including to verify the identities of creators and prevent fraud and abuse);
- To enable us to provide you with our Services, and to improve and promote our Services;
- To create and administer your account, contact you; and
- To track and analyze use of the Services so that we can improve how Investment Day is performing and provide users with the best experience possible.
5. How This Information Is Shared
5.1. Information that’s shared publicly:
When you create an account, we create a basic profile page for you on Investment Day, containing your username, and a list of startups you have invested in or launched. By default, your profile is public and people can click your username to see the following things:
- The account username you select;
- Any information you choose to add to your "investor" profile (like a name, nationality, company, position, and your interest industries);
- Any information you choose to add to your "startup" profile (like a startup name, location, founder name, startup introduction, and your pitching video);
5.2. Information that isn’t shared publicly:
The following data will not be publicly displayed or revealed to other users:
- Any payment information you provide;
- Your password details;
- Your email and phone number;
- Your date of birth and other identity verification documentation (for creators);
- Private profile information;
- Communications you send to us (for example, when you ask for support, send us questions or comments, or report a problem).
5.3. Information that’s shared with trusted third-party services:
We may share your information with certain trusted third-party services to help us provide, improve, promote, or protect Investment Day’s Services (like when we partner with payment processors or use services that help us manage our ads on other sites). When we share data with third-party services that support our delivery of the Investment Day Services, we require that they use your information only for the purposes we’ve authorized, and that they protect your personal information at least to the same standards we do. We may also share information that’s aggregated and anonymized in a way that it doesn’t directly identify you.
5.4. Information that’s shared with startups and investors:
When you invest in a startup, the startup will know your username, the amount of virtual money and the stocks you have offered. Startups never receive investors’ credit card details or other payment information.
Contact us at email@example.com if you receive a request for information that seems inappropriate or excessive.
5.5. Information that’s shared to protect Investment Day and comply with the law
We do reserve the right to disclose personal information when we believe that doing so is reasonably necessary to comply with the law or law enforcement, to prevent fraud or abuse, or to protect Investment Day’s legal rights, property, or the safety of Investment Day's users, or others.
5.6. Links to other websites and services
We will retain your information as long as your account is active, as necessary to provide you with the Services or as otherwise set forth in this Policy. We will also retain and use this information as necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy and to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements and protect Investment Day’s legal rights.
8. Your Rights
Users have rights that include the ability to access, correct, and request deletion of your personal information. And all Investment Day users can manage their personal information, as further described below, in their personal account links.
9. Email and Mobile Notifications
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us and we try to keep emails to a minimum. We will send you emails relating to your transactions on Investment Day and marketing communications.
We take security seriously, and the security of your personal data is important to us. We follow industry-standard practices to protect the data we collect and maintain. However, no method of transmission over the internet or electronic storage is completely secure, so Investment Day cannot guarantee its absolute security. Your account information is protected by a password, which you should choose carefully and keep secure.
People under 18 (or the legal age in your jurisdiction) are not permitted to use Investment Day on their own. Investment Day does not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13 and children under 13 are not permitted to register for an account or use our Services.
If you believe that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware that a child under age 13 has provided us with personally identifiable information, we’ll delete it.